Internships at Transformer are a unique opportunity to experience the “nitty gritty” of space management, while strengthening administrative skills.
Interns work with all departments at some point during their experience, including development, exhibition coordination and gallery management. Time commitment and hours are flexible and may change week to week. Some projects may be feasible for work at home.
• Database cleanup and updates
• Printing and mailings
• Tracking and formatting press items
• Editing images
• Assisting with space cleaning and installation prep
• Distribution of development materials
• Greeting gallery visitors and being available to answer questions
• Assistance at openings and events
Internships are unpaid. Course credit may be available.
Ideal candidates should be pursuing an art-related degree and possess a strong interest in contemporary art and emerging artists. Previous office experience is preferred, as well as willingness to perform some hands-on tasks. Attention to detail is a must. Semester-long commitment preferred.